“In partnership with SetantaBet, 7Cantonas.com brings you “Tonge’s Tips”, a look ahead to the Premier League games with a bit of a twist. This season, Alan, the 7Cantonas team and the good fellows over at GGMU are going head to head in their predictions, and want you, our readers, to join in”
Alan : After a dreadful 1-0 win (that sounds crazy doesn’t it ) we travel over to Ewood Park for a tussle against a team of relegation battlers.
I’m hoping we can get the Fulham performance out of the system and put on a real display here. It’s getting towards the nitty gritty now, and we need to keep battling away and grinding Man City down! If we can get another couple of wins under our belt and keep them under pressure, we may just see a towel thrown in?
Potentially, its a tricky tie on paper, however I’m confident we can do the business and will tip us up for a 2-0 victory (5/1 with SetantaBet).
For the bonus tip, I’m going for a canny Martin O Neil to prepare his Sunderland side for a point, and provide another title blow in our rivals campaign. I will tip up a 1-1 here (9/1 with SetantaBet).
Mart : After Monday night’s tight 1-0 win over Fulham, United travel to a ground that hasn’t been kind to United in recent years. United haven’t won there since goals from Ronaldo and Wes Brown got us the three points in 2008 and of course Blackburn beat us at Old Trafford last year in a complete shambles of a result.
Blackburn have picked up over the last couple of months, four wins in their last ten which considering they were relegation certainties is impressive.
United have no new injury worries (for a change) and so you’d expect a strong side to play. Nani could come in after being out for a few weeks.
With this being a tough ground to go to I’m going to back United to pick up the three points in a tight 2-1 win (7/1 with SetantaBet).
For my other tip I’m backing Newcastle to beat Liverpool 2-1 (9/1 with SetantaBet).
Tom : Kean Out? The resurgence of Blackburn’s fortunes has almost been enjoyable, given the torrents of abuse Steve Kean had to withstand not too Long ago. Having this, this fixture now represents a tougher challenge for United, against a team with a renewed sense of confidence, playing at home and fighting for their lives. Not a walk in the park by any means but United’s experience in these fixtures to see them over the line. Blackburn 1-2 United (7/1 with SetantaBet).
Bonus: Torres to score v Villa (6/5 with SetantaBet).
Setanta Bet are offering a £5 free bet to the first person who posts a prediction that beats the team, and the scoring is as follows :
*One point for a correct score
*One point for a correct result
*One point for a correct bonus prediction (the bonus prediction cannot be just a result)
The first reader, weekly, to post a set of predictions that score higher than Alan or the bloggers will win the £5 free bet with SetantaBet.
Terms and conditions below – we are not responsible for any loss made on the below predictions, they’re just for fun!
Tonge’s Tips, presented by Setanta Bet & 7 Cantonas
- To play you must be a resident in the UK or Republic of Ireland , aged 18 years or over
- Setanta Bet employees or their families are not eligible to participate in the offer
- By taking part, participants agree to these terms and conditions.
- Must open setantabet.com account and complete relevant Know Your Customer details to qualify
- There will be no free bet stake to return as the stake is not included in any winnings
- Winnings from free bet will be deposited into account within 48 hours
- Freebet not transferable and no cash alternative available
- Stake not included in winning
- The decision of the setantabet.com in all matters is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into
- Setanta Bet reserves the right to suspend or terminate the promotion or amend these terms and conditions.