In partnership with SetantaBet, 7Cantonas.com brings you “Tonge’s Tips”, a look ahead to the Premier League games with a bit of a twist. This season, Alan, the 7Cantonas team and the good fellows over at GGMU are going head to head in their predictions, and want you, our readers, to join in.
Alan : After two excellent 5-0 wins on the bounce, we welcome Blackburn Rovers with open arms. We’ve had some funny results with these in previous years, both home and away, however tomorrow won’t be one of them! The team and in particular Steve Kean are under immense pressure at the moment. Once those supporters turn on you, your days are numbered sadly. They were very fortunate to nick a draw at Anfield, after being hammered second half and we’ll show Liverpool what they should have done!
I’m going to go for Man Utd 3, Blackburn 0 (6/1 with SetantaBet)
For the bonus tip, I’m going for a resurgent Martin O Neil led Sunderland to prove a real tough nut to crack at The Stadium of Light. I am going to tip up Sunderland 0 Man City 0 (12/1 with SetantaBet)
Mart : On Saturday afternoon, hapless Blackburn Rovers travel to Old Trafford and a defeat here for the Lancashire side looks highly likely and you have to believe that if Rovers do lose then the axe will finally fall on Steve Kean. United, who once again are without several important players, will be looking to pick up the three points and return to the top of the Premiership table, albeit for just a day as Manchester City travel to Sunderland on New Years Day.
United who impressively hammered Wigan at home on Boxing Day will be hoping for a sixth successive victory and I can’t see past a United victory. Like Alan, I’m going 3-0 with Rooney bagging twice and Nani the other.
*NB. Mart sent these tips yesterday, in the interest of fair play we’re including his original tip. Tonight, Liverpool host Newcastle. Newcastle who have had a great start to the season but fell off in recent weeks will be looking to avoid another 3-0 hammering at Anfield. I’m backing a 1-1 draw in this one.
Yolkie (for Tom @GGMU) : Cheating and going for a 3-0 to United… and for the bonus bet, Wolves to win at the Reebok (23/10 with Setanta)
Setanta Bet are offering a £5 free bet to the first person who posts a prediction that beats the team, and the scoring is as follows :
*One point for a correct score
*One point for a correct result
*One point for a correct bonus prediction (the bonus prediction cannot be just a result)
The first reader, weekly, to post a set of predictions that score higher than Alan or the bloggers will win the £5 free bet with SetantaBet.
Terms and conditions below – we are not responsible for any loss made on the below predictions, they’re just for fun!
Tonge’s Tips, presented by Setanta Bet & 7 Cantonas
- To play you must be a resident in the UK or Republic of Ireland , aged 18 years or over
- Setanta Bet employees or their families are not eligible to participate in the offer
- By taking part, participants agree to these terms and conditions.
- Must open setantabet.com account and complete relevant Know Your Customer details to qualify
- There will be no free bet stake to return as the stake is not included in any winnings
- Winnings from free bet will be deposited into account within 48 hours
- Freebet not transferable and no cash alternative available
- Stake not included in winning
- The decision of the setantabet.com in all matters is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into
- Setanta Bet reserves the right to suspend or terminate the promotion or amend these terms and conditions.