In partnership with SetantaBet, 7Cantonas.com brings you “Tonge’s Tips”, a look ahead to the Premier League games with a bit of a twist. This season, Alan, the 7Cantonas team and the good fellows over at GGMU are going head to head in their predictions, and want you, our readers, to join in.
Alan : After an excellent week, where we hauled ourselves level at the top of the Premier League, the heat starts to crank up. As with Anfield, we are more than due a win at Stamford Bridge again and could do with taking all the points due to our main rivals having a ‘soft’ fixture.
With the encouraging signs of imminent player returns from injury, let’s hope we can start our 3 month mission on the right footing. It’s going to be interesting ride as we attempt to grind Man City into submission!
Although it will be tough (as always) I feel Chelsea are certainly not the team they were, and many of their players are getting closer to drawing their pension! With this in mind, and with the possible returns of Rooney, Nani and Young, I’m going to tip us up for a 2-1 win! United to win 2-1 is 10/1 with SetantaBet.
For the bonus tip I’m going to go with ‘bounce factor’ theory and will suggest Wigan to beat Everton! (5/2 with SetantaBet)
Mart : After dispatching Stoke City at Old Trafford midweek, United travel down South to face Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. United haven’t won at the Bridge since April 2002 and will be hoping to break that barren run. We boast the best away record in the league which when compared to last season is astonishing and one we can be proud of.
United are going to welcome back several absentees and hopefully we’ll get through the game without injury. Chelsea have looked shaky the last few weeks and were lucky to snatch a last gasp point at Swansea in midweek but they’ll be up for the visit of the Champions.
I’m backing a close 2-0 win for the reds, Rooney and Valencia scoring the goals. (12/1 with SetantaBet).
In my other tip, I’m going to go for Spurs to pick up the 3 points against Liverpool on Monday night at Anfield. Liverpool have won the last few games but I think Spurs will be too much for them to handle and they’ll win 2-1. (10/1 with Setanta Bet)
Tom @ GGMU : 1-1 with United (11/2 with SetantaBet), and the bonus bet – Suarez to score anytime against Spurs on Monday (11/8 with SetantaBet).
Setanta Bet are offering a £5 free bet to the first person who posts a prediction that beats the team, and the scoring is as follows :
*One point for a correct score
*One point for a correct result
*One point for a correct bonus prediction (the bonus prediction cannot be just a result)
The first reader, weekly, to post a set of predictions that score higher than Alan or the bloggers will win the £5 free bet with SetantaBet.
Terms and conditions below – we are not responsible for any loss made on the below predictions, they’re just for fun!
Tonge’s Tips, presented by Setanta Bet & 7 Cantonas
- To play you must be a resident in the UK or Republic of Ireland , aged 18 years or over
- Setanta Bet employees or their families are not eligible to participate in the offer
- By taking part, participants agree to these terms and conditions.
- Must open setantabet.com account and complete relevant Know Your Customer details to qualify
- There will be no free bet stake to return as the stake is not included in any winnings
- Winnings from free bet will be deposited into account within 48 hours
- Freebet not transferable and no cash alternative available
- Stake not included in winning
- The decision of the setantabet.com in all matters is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into
- Setanta Bet reserves the right to suspend or terminate the promotion or amend these terms and conditions.