In partnership with SetantaBet, 7Cantonas.com brings you “Tonge’s Tips”, a look ahead to the Premier League games with a bit of a twist. This season, Alan, the 7Cantonas team and the good fellows over at GGMU are going head to head in their predictions, and want you, our readers, to join in.
Alan : This looks an absolute certain 3 points. Fulham are nowhere near Man Utd’s class (and never will be) and I’ll tip us up to win this game comfortably 3-0 (6/1 with SetantaBet).
For the bonus tip, I am going to hope and pray that Stoke put a dent in the title challenge of Man City. I always felt that this would be a tougher test than Chelsea and I’m going to tip up a draw and go for 1-1 (6/1 with SetantaBet).
Alan is doing the Greater Manchester 12k in support of Autism. Please sponsor him here.
Mart : After last weeks thumping win at Wolves, next up at Old Trafford are Martin Jol’s Fulham. Fulham haven’t won at Old Trafford since 2003 when they beat the reds 3-1 and this is their only victory against the Champions in 49 years. To use a cliché, every game from now is a cup final and Monday night will be no different. Especially when we could be behind Man City who visit Stoke on Saturday.
Our only injury concerns are Nani and ummm… Michael Owen but both are now back in training, so we can pick from a pretty much full squad but we simply now must play our best eleven in every game, no mixing the squad up, if we need to rest players then it can be done if we’re comfortable in games.
Fulham have been inconsistent in the league this season and I can’t see past a United win so I’m going for 3-1 in this one (9/1 with SetantaBet).
The chase for fourth hots up with Spurs travelling to Chelsea. A couple of months ago you’d have backed Spurs to win comfortably but they have only one win in the last 5 and are freefalling. Chelsea have a new manager and look like a better team (apart from their spineless showing at the Etihad midweek), so I’m backing Spurs to win 2-1 in this one (11/1 with SetantaBet).
Tom @ GGMU : Disappointing as it was to see City snatch a victory against Chelsea, it doesn’t take away from the fact that Inited are in a very decent run of form at the moment. Fulham will be the next to fail. United 3-0 Fulham.
Bonus : Norwich to win at -1 v Wolves.
Setanta Bet are offering a £5 free bet to the first person who posts a prediction that beats the team, and the scoring is as follows :
*One point for a correct score
*One point for a correct result
*One point for a correct bonus prediction (the bonus prediction cannot be just a result)
The first reader, weekly, to post a set of predictions that score higher than Alan or the bloggers will win the £5 free bet with SetantaBet.
Terms and conditions below – we are not responsible for any loss made on the below predictions, they’re just for fun!
Tonge’s Tips, presented by Setanta Bet & 7 Cantonas
- To play you must be a resident in the UK or Republic of Ireland , aged 18 years or over
- Setanta Bet employees or their families are not eligible to participate in the offer
- By taking part, participants agree to these terms and conditions.
- Must open setantabet.com account and complete relevant Know Your Customer details to qualify
- There will be no free bet stake to return as the stake is not included in any winnings
- Winnings from free bet will be deposited into account within 48 hours
- Freebet not transferable and no cash alternative available
- Stake not included in winning
- The decision of the setantabet.com in all matters is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into
- Setanta Bet reserves the right to suspend or terminate the promotion or amend these terms and conditions.