In partnership with SetantaBet, 7Cantonas.com brings you “Tonge’s Tips”, a look ahead to the Premier League games with a bit of a twist. This season, Alan, the 7Cantonas team and the good fellows over at GGMU are going head to head in their predictions, and want you, our readers, to join in.
Alan : Two things stand in the way of a quality win: 1) the lads are drained after the 3-3 fightback last week and the Munich remembrance services in the week and are fatigued (mentally and physically), 2) we get embroiled (both players and supporters) into a racism hatred type situation and take our eyes away from the job in hand, if we are ok on these two fronts, we win 2-0 (Meercat simples) (7/1 with SetantaBet)! For the bonus tip, I’m going with Aston Villa to sort Man City out 3-1 (50/1 with SetantaBet). Easy!
Mart : The most intense rivalry in English football sees Liverpool travel to Old Trafford early on Saturday afternoon as United look to move back to the top of the Premiership, at least for 24 hours as Manchester City travel to Villa Park on Sunday afternoon. Unfortunately the Evra/Suarez saga will be the spotlight once again, as Suarez faces United and after this weeks disgraceful antics by Suarez and Dalglish, there’s added spice which hopefully won’t take away from the game itself.
United go into the game off the back of a thrilling 3-3 draw with Chelsea last Sunday. The epic comeback could be one of those games we look back to at the end of the season and say “that’s a title winning point right there”. United will welcome back Tom Cleverley back into the fold after a long absence, hopefully he’s not been rushed back and most likely will start from the bench.
Liverpool have won once at Old Trafford in seven games, the famous 1-4 victory in 2009. I don’t see that record changing and back United to pick up all 3 points in a 2-0 victory with goals from Rooney and Valencia (again, 7/1 with Setanta Bet).
For my other tip, I’m going to look at Chelsea visiting Goodison Park. Everton who last time at Goodison Park shocked Man City by beating them 1-0 will be looking to pick up the points. Chelsea will still be shocked by the comeback of United last week so I’m backing the draw in this one 1-1 (11/2 with SetantaBet).
Tom @ GGMU : United to win 2-1 (13/2 with SetantaBet) – and bonus bet, Everton to beat Chelsea (23/10 with SetantaBet).
Setanta Bet are offering a £5 free bet to the first person who posts a prediction that beats the team, and the scoring is as follows :
*One point for a correct score
*One point for a correct result
*One point for a correct bonus prediction (the bonus prediction cannot be just a result)
The first reader, weekly, to post a set of predictions that score higher than Alan or the bloggers will win the £5 free bet with SetantaBet.
Terms and conditions below – we are not responsible for any loss made on the below predictions, they’re just for fun!
Tonge’s Tips, presented by Setanta Bet & 7 Cantonas
- To play you must be a resident in the UK or Republic of Ireland , aged 18 years or over
- Setanta Bet employees or their families are not eligible to participate in the offer
- By taking part, participants agree to these terms and conditions.
- Must open setantabet.com account and complete relevant Know Your Customer details to qualify
- There will be no free bet stake to return as the stake is not included in any winnings
- Winnings from free bet will be deposited into account within 48 hours
- Freebet not transferable and no cash alternative available
- Stake not included in winning
- The decision of the setantabet.com in all matters is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into
- Setanta Bet reserves the right to suspend or terminate the promotion or amend these terms and conditions.