In partnership with SetantaBet, 7Cantonas.com brings you “Tonge’s Tips”, a look ahead to the Premier League games with a bit of a twist. This season, Alan, the 7Cantonas team and the good fellows over at GGMU are going head to head in their predictions, and want you, our readers, to join in.
Alan : After a shambolic, shocking performance on Saturday (plagued by rumours) its important that we regroup and move on as quickly as we can. We hold a decent win record at St James’s Park/ The Sports Direct Arena over the years and l’ll be praying for us to add to this tally. Although i reckon it will be tough, I’m hoping we can sneak it and land a 1-0 win.
For the bonus bet, I’ll go for Everton to inflict more misery on Bolton and will tip up a 2-0 home win in this one.
Mart : This evening United travel to Newcastle, on the back of the shocking loss to Blackburn Rovers on New Years Eve. United who would have been relieved to see City lose the day after will be looking to get back to level on points with the current league leaders who comfortably saw off Liverpool last night.
History is on United’s side as Newcastle haven’t beaten the Champions since 2001. Newcastle have been largely inconsistent the last few games but will definitely be up for a visit from United, as will the Geordie faithful (if you’re travelling to the game then please take earplugs…).
Wayne Rooney should return after being dropped for the Blackburn game and United will be hoping for a performance from him, United haven’t lost away this season in the league and will be hoping that this carries on.
I’m backing the reds to pick up the points in a 2-0 victory but it will be a tight contest. Goals from Nani and Rooney to give us our first 3 points of 2012.
Everton host Bolton in the other game tonight and I’m also backing Everton to pick up all 3 points in a 2-0 win.
Yolkie (for Tom @GGMU) : We haven’t lost a tie at St James’ Park since the days of Juan Veron but tonight we will have one of our toughest encounters since. I’m going for a 2-1 win to the Champions.
For the bonus I am going safe and matching the chaps’ 2-0 win prediction for Everton over Bolton.
Setanta Bet are offering a £5 free bet to the first person who posts a prediction that beats the team, and the scoring is as follows :
*One point for a correct score
*One point for a correct result
*One point for a correct bonus prediction (the bonus prediction cannot be just a result)
The first reader, weekly, to post a set of predictions that score higher than Alan or the bloggers will win the £5 free bet with SetantaBet.
Terms and conditions below – we are not responsible for any loss made on the below predictions, they’re just for fun!
Tonge’s Tips, presented by Setanta Bet & 7 Cantonas
- To play you must be a resident in the UK or Republic of Ireland , aged 18 years or over
- Setanta Bet employees or their families are not eligible to participate in the offer
- By taking part, participants agree to these terms and conditions.
- Must open setantabet.com account and complete relevant Know Your Customer details to qualify
- There will be no free bet stake to return as the stake is not included in any winnings
- Winnings from free bet will be deposited into account within 48 hours
- Freebet not transferable and no cash alternative available
- Stake not included in winning
- The decision of the setantabet.com in all matters is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into
- Setanta Bet reserves the right to suspend or terminate the promotion or amend these terms and conditions.