In partnership with SetantaBet, 7Cantonas.com brings you “Tonge’s Tips”, a look ahead to the Premier League games with a bit of a twist. This season, Alan, the 7Cantonas team and the good fellows over at GGMU are going head to head in their predictions, and want you, our readers, to join in.
Alan : After the late drama at Ewood on Monday and City feeling the heat against Sunderland, the title pendulum is starting to swing our way? In going 5 points clear, concentration and common sense is now paramount, so we don’t undo the superb work completed over the past few months! We certainly don’t want Sir Alex tinkering about with unusual team formations and tactics! Mark Hughes will be doing everything he can to get one over on his old club and master, however QPR are simply not good enough to cause any major problems and we should be fine.
I’m going to tip up Man Utd 3, QPR 0. (6/1 with Setanta Bet)
For the bonus, I’ll plump for Arsenal, chasing 3rd spot, to inflict more misery on Man City and help us put one hand firmly on the Premiership trophy! I’m going to go with Arsenal 3, Man City 1. (16/1 with Setanta Bet)
Mart : After Monday night’s nerve wracking and euphoric victory over Blackburn Rovers, United go into the home game with QPR on Sunday knowing that victory will see the reds move 8 points clear ahead of City who play Arsenal later that day. It won’t be easy though.
QPR are battling relegation and in their last three games have beaten Liverpool (not difficult admittedly!) and Arsenal so they will be boosted by those unexpected victories and coming to Old Trafford they have nothing to lose. QPR manager Mark Hughes won’t roll over and will be gunning for United.
United could bring Nani back into the side and thankfully we have no injury worries (it feels bloody good to say that) and we’ll need to be at our best. I think we’ll be fine and will win 2-0. (5/1 with SetantaBet)
For my other tip, I’m going to back the score draw between Arsenal and Manchester City. (Arsenal 1-1 City is 11/2 with SetantaBet).
Yolkie (standing in for Tom @GGMU) : For United, playing a safe bet, I’m going to match Mart’s 2-0 prediction.
The bonus bet, I’m going with Chelsea at a handicap of -2 to still win v Wigan at 15/8 with SetantaBet.
Setanta Bet are offering a £5 free bet to the first person who posts a prediction that beats the team, and the scoring is as follows :
*One point for a correct score
*One point for a correct result
*One point for a correct bonus prediction (the bonus prediction cannot be just a result)
The first reader, weekly, to post a set of predictions that score higher than Alan or the bloggers will win the £5 free bet with SetantaBet.
Terms and conditions below – we are not responsible for any loss made on the below predictions, they’re just for fun!
Tonge’s Tips, presented by Setanta Bet & 7 Cantonas
- To play you must be a resident in the UK or Republic of Ireland , aged 18 years or over
- Setanta Bet employees or their families are not eligible to participate in the offer
- By taking part, participants agree to these terms and conditions.
- Must open setantabet.com account and complete relevant Know Your Customer details to qualify
- There will be no free bet stake to return as the stake is not included in any winnings
- Winnings from free bet will be deposited into account within 48 hours
- Freebet not transferable and no cash alternative available
- Stake not included in winning
- The decision of the setantabet.com in all matters is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into
- Setanta Bet reserves the right to suspend or terminate the promotion or amend these terms and conditions.