In partnership with SetantaBet, 7Cantonas.com brings you “Tonge’s Tips”, a look ahead to the Premier League games with a bit of a twist. This season, Alan, the 7Cantonas team and the good fellows over at GGMU are going head to head in their predictions, and want you, our readers, to join in.
Alan : After the demolition job at Craven Cottage, we head into this tie with confidence starting to run at full throttle. Wigan seem to be a better team at home with sound draws against Chelsea and Liverpool. However, away from home they are vulnerable and we should be looking to really put them to the sword! I’m going to to tip up a comfortable 3-0 victory. United to win 3-0 is 13/2 with SetantaBet.
For the bonus tip, I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed that West Brom can pinch something at home to Man City and I’m going to tip up a 1-1 in this one (13/2 with SetantaBet).
Mart : On Boxing Day, United welcome Wigan Athletic to Old Trafford. Wigan come to Old Trafford off the back of two morale boosting home draws against Liverpool and Chelsea. United who themselves will be boosted by the 5-0 hammering of Fulham on Monday night will be looking to get the three points.
Rooney who has now scored in the last three games will be looking to bag again against a Wigan side who are yet to beat the Champions in the last three seasons. Nani has looked on top form and the reds will be boosted by the news that Phil Jones is not going to be out after his injury against Fulham.
I can’t see anything past a United win so I’m also going for 3-0 United, Rooney twice and Welbeck the other scorer.
In the late game, Stoke host Aston Villa at the Britannia, Stoke who in their last game surprisingly beat the high flying Spurs will be looking to pick up the victory here, Villa who in their last away game beat hapless Bolton will be hoping for a share of the points and I’m backing a 1-1 draw (13/2 with SetantaBet).
Yolkie (standing in for Tom @ GGMU) : Oh boys, you make it so easy for me. Almost every time I’ve had to stand in for Tom this season, I’ve been able to match your prediction for a United result. But it’s Christmas, t’is the season to be negative and all that (what?!) and I’m going to go for a 2-0 win for United, giving respect to the Latics’ recent good run. United to win 2-0 is 5/1 with SetantaBet.
For the bonus bet, even the delay caused by the tube strike won’t prevent the inevitable for Wolves at Arsenal. Robin van Persie to score anytime at 4/6 with SetantaBet.
Setanta Bet are offering a £5 free bet to the first person who posts a prediction that beats the team, and the scoring is as follows :
*One point for a correct score
*One point for a correct result
*One point for a correct bonus prediction (the bonus prediction cannot be just a result)
The first reader, weekly, to post a set of predictions that score higher than Alan or the bloggers will win the £5 free bet with SetantaBet.
Terms and conditions below – we are not responsible for any loss made on the below predictions, they’re just for fun!
Tonge’s Tips, presented by Setanta Bet & 7 Cantonas
- To play you must be a resident in the UK or Republic of Ireland , aged 18 years or over
- Setanta Bet employees or their families are not eligible to participate in the offer
- By taking part, participants agree to these terms and conditions.
- Must open setantabet.com account and complete relevant Know Your Customer details to qualify
- There will be no free bet stake to return as the stake is not included in any winnings
- Winnings from free bet will be deposited into account within 48 hours
- Freebet not transferable and no cash alternative available
- Stake not included in winning
- The decision of the setantabet.com in all matters is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into
- Setanta Bet reserves the right to suspend or terminate the promotion or amend these terms and conditions.