In partnership with SetantaBet, 7Cantonas.com brings you “Tonge’s Tips”, a look ahead to the Premier League games with a bit of a twist. This season, Alan, the 7Cantonas team and the good fellows over at GGMU are going head to head in their predictions, and want you, our readers, to join in.
Alan : After a horrible, horrible last week or so, we move back to the bread and butter of our season. Along with many others, I honestly can’t describe the disappointment of going out of the CC and ECL, however there’s nothing we can do now and we must move on. With our “up and down” form, I don’t think this will be an easy tie tomorrow. Wolves have parked the bus and given us problems over the last season or two and I can see a tight game. Given our current “suppressive” form, I‘ll plump for a narrow, nerve tingling 1-0 win!
For the bonus tip ,I’ll go for Chelsea and Manchester City to draw. I do think both teams will score though and will suggest a 1-1.
Mart :After we crashed out of the Champions League at the group stage for the first time since 2005 and the terrible news that inspirational captain Nemanja Vidic being ruled out for the season with a knee ligament injury, we play host to Wolves at Old Trafford on Saturday afternoon.
United will be looking to pick up the pieces with a morale boosting victory. The reds who have a habit of winning 1-0 this season will be hoping for more tomorrow and I’m backing a 3-0 win with Wayne Rooney scoring for the first time in the league since September. United will need to win first and foremost and hope that Chelsea can beat Manchester City on Monday night.
For my other prediction, I’m backing high flying Spurs to pick up all 3 points in a 3-1 win over Stoke at the Britannia.
Tom @ GGMU : United have endured a truly disastrous week as they were dumped out of the Champions League in a group that looked like a buy and lost arguably the best centre back in the world in Nemanja Vidic for the season. As weeks go, they don’t get much worse. A win against a struggling Wolves side at Old Trafford will go some way towards redemption and getting the season back on track. Although surely low on confidence, United will be massively motivated to secure the win, particularly with City facing a tough trip to Stamford Bridge and the possibility of them dropping points. United 2-0 Wolves
Bonus Bet: Enhanced double on Setantabet – draws in Man City/Chelsea game and Madrid/Barca games @12/1
Setanta Bet are offering a £5 free bet to the first person who posts a prediction that beats the team, and the scoring is as follows :
*One point for a correct score
*One point for a correct result
*One point for a correct bonus prediction (the bonus prediction cannot be just a result)
The first reader, weekly, to post a set of predictions that score higher than Alan or the bloggers will win the £5 free bet with SetantaBet.
Terms and conditions below – we are not responsible for any loss made on the below predictions, they’re just for fun!
Tonge’s Tips, presented by Setanta Bet & 7 Cantonas
- To play you must be a resident in the UK or Republic of Ireland , aged 18 years or over
- Setanta Bet employees or their families are not eligible to participate in the offer
- By taking part, participants agree to these terms and conditions.
- Must open setantabet.com account and complete relevant Know Your Customer details to qualify
- There will be no free bet stake to return as the stake is not included in any winnings
- Winnings from free bet will be deposited into account within 48 hours
- Freebet not transferable and no cash alternative available
- Stake not included in winning
- The decision of the setantabet.com in all matters is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into
- Setanta Bet reserves the right to suspend or terminate the promotion or amend these terms and conditions.